Founded in 1833, Rappahannock County Virginia is home to many historic buildings.
"Little Washington" as it is commonly referred to by local residents, as compared to Washington DC which only lies 90 miles away, is the county seat. Incorporated as a town in 1795, Little Washington has the honor of being the first town surveyed by a young George Washington. The town served as a trading post for hunters, trappers, farmers and the local Manahoac tribe. As the town prospered, additional businesses and residences were added. Records from an 1835 gazetteer state that the town contained one academy, fifty-five dwellings, four mercantile stores, two taverns, one house of worship, twenty-seven trade shops, and two large flour mills. Many of these historic buildings are still actively used today including the old town jail which has been delightfully incorporated as a modern residence at 510 Main Street.
blah blah blah